Wednesday 5 February 2014

Waitangi Day


I used this fantastic information gap worksheet by a former colleague yesterday.It was all about Waitangi Day, the national holiday of New Zealand. Talking about national holidays and festivals is fantastic as students love sharing their culture with somebody from another country.There is so much information to share and compare with each other and great for students to research other countries festivals and then share them in class in mini presentations.

As I paid for my bus fare home and took out a 5 dollar note it made me think how much my students know about the faces on the back of the New Zealand currency..a little research project maybe?

What about creating their own festival together or creating a national day to honour someone famous of their choice ? Could be fun...!

No comments:

Post a Comment