Sunday 2 February 2014

Starting a new class


Today was the first day of a new block of courses where I work and the teaching nerves were there.I know that I have been a teacher for a while now and have taught in many different situations but it interesting how I still get those...will they like me jitters? I could tell that my colleagues also felt the same especially one teacher who hadn't been in the classroom for 2 years after having her second child.

Luckily my first class went well, we did lots of getting to know each other, expectations of the course and the teacher and a Find Someone Who but in the lift afterwards listening to some students ( not mine thankfully) discussing changing  their class after only one lesson , it made me think about the first impression you have of each other,that is the students of you and you of them. These students probably had very valid reasons for wanting to change course so early on but...

How much of teaching is due to personality, appearance and  the classroom environment?

How much is it a popularity contest among teachers in an established institution?

Is being a good and effective teacher make you a popular teacher?

Is it important to feel that your students like you?

No comments:

Post a Comment